Sunday, September 7, 2008

Labor Day with the cousins

It was fun to see my brother-in-law Derek and sister-in-law Denise last weekend. My kids always like to spend time with their cousins, Lake, Mailey, and Leila. They used to live here but now are down in Valencia, and it seems like its only a few times a year anymore that we get together. Time nor distance doesn't change anything though. Right out of the car, they all get into playing like they have never been gone, and now that the two oldest are 9 years old, the shenanigans never end. Grandma and Grandpa are wiped out after the weekend is over, as we spend most of our time there because they have the pool!

Leila, Mailey, Taylen and Layney


Maddox (the other cousin who lives here), Lake, and Dyson
I told them to all strike a "cool" pose. You can see how age affects what they do!


A night out to dinner while grandma and grandpa had the kids. The pic of the guys was REALLY bad, or I would have posted it. Aaah- forget it- I'll put it in anyways. Hey- I told them to smile, and this is the best they could do...
Me, Brittney, Denise, Kelly (you may as well be family, girl)


Bart, Derek, Damon, Scott




By the way, sometimes I want to shoot whoever came up with Play Doh. It never stays on my table at home. I may as well have the kids start out on the floor. Check out how they put up barriers so their secret creations can't be seen by anyone else. Then I have to be the judge of whose is best. Not a fun chore when you have six pairs of big eyes staring up at you.





4 comments:

Grandma Honey said...

This is like watching the years fly by before my eyes. I remember taking care of Derek during the nights that his mom was in the hospital when he was a newborn. And here he is all grown up with children!
How nice that the kids are all so close and can pick up where they left off last time they saw each other.

Chuckleheads said...

LOL - playdough is of the devil. I agree....and when its ground into carpet...UGH.

Great to see pics of Brit and Derek...pass along a big hello from me!

The Gage Cage said...

How fun! Cousin and sibling time is the best! All the Ballard kids have such cool names.

Lisa said...

Gotta love those family ties! Great pics and recap!