Sunday, August 24, 2008

An A-HA moment

Dyson has been saying a lot of really funny things lately to make me laugh. I never took the time to write them down before, but they are worth remembering.
The other day when he was acting up, somehow the idea of Santa came up. I agreed that he may not get the big Lego set or other things he wants from Santa if he isn't good during the year. He said, 'Oh yeah, or else he'll just bring me some of that dirty black stuff from our grill.'

Then he got into a deep conversation while he was in the tub. After being in there about 1 1/2 hours playing, he decided he'd rather talk about impt. stuff than play with the foam letters any more. He asked when Jesus would be at church since it is his house. I explained that he is there in spirit, and he never really lived there. Then he asked where he lived. Although he knew the answer already, he seemed surprised when I said heaven, and he proceeded to ask me where Jesus would find a costume up there. For what? To be baptized in. I said, "Dyson, Jesus was already baptized here before he died. Remember, we are learning the song about Jesus being baptized in Primary?" He had a big a-ha moment and then asked where he was baptized. I said "remember the song... down in the river Jordan". He chuckled a little, and then it sunk in. He was thinking it happened in the font at church all along. He said "mom- this is really a river? I can't believe this stuff. The Jordan River is a real place like they say. This is too cool." Maybe you had to be there, but I just laughed because after learning all this stuff week after week, he didn't believe it all really happened. It is like just a big story to him. I guess we better get more serious at FHE!

4 comments:

Chuckleheads said...

Its got to be both a proud and tearful moment when your little ones start to understand those "big picture" values, ideas and realities. One of those times where you can't believe he's so grown up, but don't you just wish he'd stay little forever?

The Gage Cage said...

How fun that Dyson is putting the puzzle together in his mind. Unlike
Santa (hopefully no children are reading this) the story of Jesus Christ is very literal and a matter of fact.

amyburb said...

I love those moments when you realize, maybe they will get it after all!

Lisa said...

Hi Tina! Those were great entries about Dyson. You are wise to record them. Hugs to ya'll!