Monday, July 7, 2008

Starting to swim

This is a little video to show Grammy and Pop-pop how comfortable Layney has become being in the pool since they left. (Taylen is always my little assistant, and never complains when I put her in the spotlight too!) Layney has been practicing floating alone and trusting her floaties or vest to keep her up. She is braver than the other 2 were at this age.
She is also good at finding the diving toys with the kids. While they are hurrying and diving under to grab toys, Layney is popping around on top of the water and feeling them and squeezing them between her toes to lift them up. She certainly holds her own with her bro and sis, and never just sits back and watches. Quite a competitive bunch.

3 comments:

The Gage Cage said...

Laney is an awesome swimmer and Taylen is an awesome big sister!!! I plan on going to pool day tomorrow morning. I hope I get to hang out with you and see your girls in action. Go Ballards!

Chuckleheads said...

I love summer. We just found our AZ house and its got a pool for our little gated community. I can't wait to get my toes into it. :)

Jennifer said...

Hey Tina, I'm glad you found my blog and now I can see yours. Your kids are too cute. Laney is swimming so great. I wish I could get Donald to do that, or at least wear the floaties.