Saturday, June 21, 2008

The new pool




I said we would never get a pool bigger than those kiddie pools you empty every day until I saw a few people try to crawl into it water 12" high to cool off this year who were WAY too big (Pop-pop). Our neighbors got an above ground pool and it wasn't until we went over to take a dip that we realized they are really nice for being quite inexpensive. As much as we would have spent on passes to the waterpark at least. So we broke down and got the pool. It is 12' around and 36" high. I thought it would be smaller than it is. It is the perfect size for the kids and me too! I'm hoping this proves to be well worth it- last year we were always on the go hunting for someone's pool to take a dip in. We probably still will be doing that for the fun of doing things like diving and cannonballs. Can't give that up!

2 comments:

The Gage Cage said...

So cute to see Grandpa swimming in the little pool! I'll have to ask you at the end of the summer to see if that big pool was as good as you hoped it would be. Looks like fun!

Chuckleheads said...

We had one of these when I was a kid...it was the best investment my parents ever made. And...it makes me want to go swimming.