Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Lots of Love from Layney


Layney probably says the sweetest things of any of my kids. Every day she is very polite and says thank you when I do ANYTHING for her. At night when I tuck her in, she says "Thank you mommy for my warm bed. I love you so much." Who wouldn't melt? The other night when I had late night practice for choir, I snuck upstairs to change my clothes and she whispered "mommy-is that you?" I went in to see what she wanted and she said "oh, I'm so glad your home mommy, I'm so glad you're back." She gave me a great big hug and smiled at me with her big brown eyes. For as much complaining as I do, motherhood is a joy!

4 comments:

Grandma Honey said...

No one is like Layney. From her unique name, to her golden healthy skin, to her engaging smile. We love watching her every Sunday as she turns around and waves to us.

Lisa said...

What a sweetie! That is such a rare character attribute that she has at such a young age, but if you ask me...she's like her mother! You have beautiful children Tina! (and Bart too : )

The Gage Cage said...

Ahhh, cute and sweet. That's how we like them!

Chuckleheads said...

What a doll...you have to melt with a little one like that. It makes up for those teen years.